Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day Ninety-eight

"Snow tree" 5x7" acrylic on paper 

On daily paint works there is an art byte about painting oils like watercolors by Richard Robinson. This is my take on using his photo reference of painting acrylics like oils like watercolors. Didn't work, at least on paper. Soaked up the paint too quickly. But on the plus side it was super freeing trying it out. and I think i like the results. I also wanted to loosen up for working on my large painting i have been struggling with for... weeks. the painting is a surprise so i can't say the subject but i have painted it.... 12 times or so. It is evil. 

Oh on a side note. Messi is sitting on my lap, as he does every time i post on here, 105 posts and i don't think he has missed a single chance to sit on my lap, and every time i pause to think he demands a kiss on the top of his head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment