Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 101

"Snow Lane" 4x6" acrylic on paper $40

Festive for december I suppose. Didn't get as much contrast as i wanted. I am working on getting more contrast however. I really need to focus on darkening my darks. Really difficult for me. I lay down some really dark spots and freak out and lighten them. Its an impulse. I can't stop.... yet. Working on it though. Promise. Would have worked on this one longer but i had to get going and I don't allow myself to go back really. I may paint this same scene again and again until i finally get those darks where i want them, I always feel i am ruining it by adding strong darks, when those are what catch my eye. I feel if i have one i allow myself to do what i normally do, and can do a new one where i really make myself look at this one and add darks perhaps... I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment