Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reflections.

I have been doing a painting a day since Aug 10, so it has been almost two months now. I have roughly 60 paintings now.

It is amazing how different i feel today from doing them. Since i have started doing a painting a day i feel my painting has improved. It takes painting every day to really learn how to paint i feel. When i was painting every once and a while i forgot things i need to work on in my next painting.

I feel much more confident in my work, I took some paintings into a local gallery on the off chance they may like them. And they did! I now have 7 paintings in a gallery for sale on Main Street, Cedar Falls, Iowa. cgrahamfoto.com They have a lot of really awesome art that my work gets to keep company.

I got an awesome project of 28 Foodie paintings to do before thanksgiving and have around 22 done. Some may not make the cut, but they are coming.

I started this blog and feel even more like a real artist now that i have my work up and cleaned up.

On Aug 9, i loved art but didn't feel like a working artist. Now i feel like a real artist and its great! Painting is my meditation that keeps me happy. I don't think i have felt bored once since starting this project so i don't see an end in sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment