Monday, October 1, 2012

Day Six.



Psht, that apple crime scene was too simple of a composition, today I walked around the house took photos of different things and painted them. Tonight I painted my utensil holder. So many textures! The reflections off of steel, wood spoons stained with spices, red plastic salad things.. this painting will be fun right? I struggled with all the shapes and layers. I started with the big slotted spoon... as some of you know the back ground is the place to start most of the time... for good reason. Meh, it turned out and i love this painting.

"Utensils" 4x6" Acrylic on paper

There are a few things that bug me in this painting, but as my rule for a painting a day i can't go back and change anything about my paintings on another day. I decided it was done and now i can't change it. Boo rules! 

No comments:

Post a Comment