Monday, November 26, 2012

Weeks Personal challenge

I am very controlled when i paint. I paint lines on when i breath out and i nit-pick every line i make. Then i look at paintings that are painted painterly (loosely, freely, organically) and am so jealous. And i can not do it. I try and in the end i have a controlled painting. So this week i am going to paint on larger 5x7 and 6x6 inch paintings and work on loosening up, having high contrast, and more dramatic lighting. I am not working as much this week at my job so i am going to try to do more than one painting a day, loosely. I have been thinking about doing loose self portraits as well so i have one subject and can paint it over an over at different angles, just see how it goes. I would love feed back as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment